Nowadays, almost anyone can call himself or herself a “fitness instructor”, a “personal trainer” or any of the various namesakes related to the Singapore Fitness Profession.
From fresh-faced school-leavers, to weary in-between-jobs cynics, to even stay-at-home moms looking for some extra income, the fitness industry is seen as a veritable “goldmine” for some people to tap upon.
And sadly, with the proliferation of numerous shady online fitness “mills” – where one can actually become a “certified” trainer with just a few hours of online study – it is indeed a frightening thought whose hands you may be subjecting your bodies and fitness to when you engage a trainer nowadays.
This leads us to the question of how professional or qualified are these “fitness professionals” selling their wares in Singapore?
To assist consumers in making an intelligent choice, we offer the following guidelines:
1) Always check to see that your trainer possesses credible fitness qualifications from recognized institutions. ( check out the following List Of Recognized Fitness Certifications And Institutions for more information)
2) Check to see that your trainer is BOTH certified in CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) & AED (Automated External Defibrillation).
3) Check for the amount of Hands-On Experience that your trainer actually has within the fitness industry.
4) Also ask to view any verifiable client testimonials that your trainer may have.
5) And finally, use your own gut instinct or intuition when determining whether a trainer is the REAL deal or not.
Well, there you have it. If you are able to do the above, you greatly increase your chances of finding a trainer that is not only suitable to your needs, but also fully-qualified and highly-professional.